Happy Birthday Anniversary Torn Label & Double Shift

WOW! What a Saturday! Both Torn Label & Double Shift breweries celebrated their two year anniversaries. Festivities started at 12pm and went through closing time.

Torn Label had a couple new beers on tap - Shake Hands w/Danger, Rude Awakening, and Quadtucky. Unfortunately by the time I got there Quadtucky was out.

Shake Hands w/Danger - imperial brown ale w/toasted coconut & coffee. For me, cinnamon came through. However it may have been the toasted coconut.

Rude Awakening - barleywine ale aged in Tom's Town Distilling Co barrels. WOW! Really packed a punch, I drank it sloooooow.

While at Double Shift I only drank a couple of their tappings - Guava Lamp and the Anniversary IPA, but they had several tapped for their anniversary.

Guava Lamp - dry hopped sour ale. Little salty, little sweet, lots of refreshing. Was very nice to drink on the hot day!

Anniversary IPA - IPA. So I am not a fan of IPA's so this review, take with a pinch of salt. It was too bitter for me in the beginning. But as I drank it, it got better. It is hard to explain for me (sorry!).

Both breweries are doing it up and have been putting out great stuff in the past two years. I am very excited for the years to come from both of these places. Great people, great beer.

Congrats on two years TL & DS!! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Women's History Month

Parlor KC

BREWERIES!